Even though Home Depot’s attempt to break into the Chinese market ended up in shambles, it hasn’t stopped the company from moving forward. In fact, today, they’re the biggest home improvement retail, worldwide.
Home Depot now boasts over 500,000 associates, including 2,300 stores, spread across the United States of America, Mexico, and Canada. They offer a wide range of home improvement products such as bathroom decoration items, patio furniture, kitchen remodeling products, power tools, and others.
That said many shoppers enjoy taking advantage of coupons, as it allows them to purchase products at lower prices. But then, most stores don’t accept competitors’ coupons.
Now, here’s a question many have been asking about Home Depot.
Does Home Depot accept Harbor Freight coupons?
The answer is yes; Home Depot accepts Harbor Freight coupons. But there’s a catch. Your coupon has to be the original one. Additionally, do not take online coupons to Home Depot.
If you do, you’re wasting your precious time. Home Depot only accepts coupons on paper, not online. It’s also interesting to see the home improvement heavyweight honoring competitor’s coupons. Not every business can do that, by the way.
So, that’s the answer to the question. Keep reading for more information.
Tips On How To Use Harbor Freight Coupons At Home Depot
Harbor freight offers mouthwatering coupons, which could see you save $100 and even up to $500. But the issue is that many stores do not accept competitor coupons. Luckily, Home Depot does.
However, before you step out of your home to Home Depot to use your harbor freight coupons, here are tips you should consider.
Contact the Home Depot store:
How certain are you that the Home Depot you intend to visit still accepts competitors’ coupons? You need to know that brands can alter their policies at any time. So, it might be possible that there’s a change, and the Home Depot you plan to use your Harbor Freight coupon no longer accepts.
With that in mind, the best thing you need to do is put a call through to the Home Depot you intend to visit. Call the manager to inquire if they accept competitors’ coupons. If the response is yes, then go there.
Don’t spill the beans:
When you contact the manager at the Home Depot, don’t spill the beans. Only ask if they accept coupons from competitors; don’t tell them the brand’s name.
So, when should the Home Depot store know who the competitor is? It should be during check-out.
Ensure you receive what you came for:
Some Home Depot managers might want to make a different offer from what you have on your Harbor Freight coupon. For instance, the coupon could be 25%, but a manager at Home Depot may want to offer you 15% or less.
If this happens, then it’s your words against theirs. You can choose to accept what the Home Depot manager offered you, which by the way, is better than nothing. Or, you can play hardball and be ready to take whatever happens.
Sometimes, half is better than nothing. Don’t you think so? But if you know you’re not ready to compromise, stand your ground until you receive the total discount.
A Pro Tip: The Home Depot store you visited and the manager you spoke with will determine how smooth the process will be when using Harbor Freight coupons. If the Home Depot you visited refused to offer you the total discount, make your way to another store.
But don’t panic when you visit a Home Depot store to inquire if they accept Harbor Freight or any competitors’ coupons. Home Depot has a reputation for taking competitor coupons, especially for Ridgid products.
Can You Use Harbor Freight Coupons At Lowe’s?
Lowe’s is another top home improvement store, headquartered in the United States of America, North Carolina, to be precise. They have also been in existence since 1921. And today, Lowe’s has over 300,000 employees.
With over 2000 hardware and home improvement stores spread across North America, rest assured that finding a Lowe’s store near you won’t be an issue. But the question is do they accept Harbor Freight coupons like Home Depot?
Well, the answer isn’t direct. Why? Though most people have successfully used Harbor Freight coupons at Lowe’s stores, not every location might accept it. So before you even leave your home and head to the Lowe’s store, confirm if they accept competitors’ coupons.
If they claim they don’t, please don’t lose hope. Contact other Lowe’s stores. But ensure the Lowe’s stores you’re contacting aren’t too far from your area. You need to check how much gas you need to and fro, including the time it would take to get there.
So, most people have had success using Harbor Freight coupons at Lowe’s. But some haven’t. The location and manager are involved in determining the outcome. You should also apply the strategy mentioned above when planning to use a competitor’s coupons at Home Depot.
How Harbor Freight Compares To Home Depot
Harbor Freight may not be as big as Home Depot or Lowe’s, but they offer something that makes them a strong competitor.
So, how does Harbor Freight measure up with Home Depot? Firstly, Harbor Freight’s products are affordable. But as the popular saying goes, “you’ll receive what you pay for.”
However, before splashing the cash on any tool, you need to consider three things. The first is the intended use, followed by how long you intend to use the equipment, and finally, the price.
If you’re seeking a one-off tool, go to Harbor Freight. They’re also ideal for DIYers, who don’t take on projects regularly. On the second option, Harbor Freight tools last for a considerable period.
But then, you can’t compare the durability of a tool you bought for $26 at Harbor Freight to the one you purchased for $50 at Home Depot. The latter should be of better quality and last longer.
The best way to take advantage of Harbor Freight’s low prices is to go after basic products. These include products like brooms, moving blankets, chip brushes, and gloves.
Additionally, if you have a DIY project where precision isn’t a big deal, you can get your tools from Harbor Freight. But if precision engineering were a big deal, Home Depot would be a better option.
Here are items you can buy from either store. An example is a saw and blade. It would help if you had a good quality saw and blade to get precise cuts. This makes Home Depot a place to consider visiting.
Here’s a summary of products you should consider buying from both stores.
An Idea of Products You Should Buy From Home Depot
- Paintbrush – Every painting job has to be neat. Otherwise, the painted surface won’t be aesthetically pleasing. And to deliver a professional painting job and with precision, you need a top-quality paintbrush. This makes Home Depot a preferred option.
- Welding machine and accessories – Welding is another activity where quality and precision are a big deal. Thus, it would make sense if you had a top-notch machine or welding accessories to obtain quality welds. For this, Harbor Freight wouldn’t be a wise choice. Though the price of products would be lower there, you can’t trust the quality of your welds.
- Battery-powered tools – No DIYer would be happy to use a tool that requires charging halfway into the project. Such wouldn’t only delay the job but make it more tiring. So, for battery-powered tools, quality matters a great deal. Thus, buying from Home Depot is the best option unless you’re ready to take a gamble. If you are, you can consider Harbor Freight.
- Squares and levels – Again, accurate readings are crucial in most projects. If you don’t get your readings right, you could end up making several mistakes. So, if you’re buying squares and levels, choose one with better quality. Home Depot is a wise option to purchase such tools.
You can purchase the above products at Harbor Freight at lower prices. The only issue is the quality. But if you’re ready to gamble, it could be worth it in the end.
An Idea of Products You Should Buy From Harbor Freight
- Chip brushes – When using such brushes, precision isn’t a big deal. The chip brushes are useful for painting trims, adding touch-up paints, or cleaning parts.
- Screwdrivers – You can consider buying your screwdrivers at Harbor Freight. You can find a range of screwdrivers at Harbor Freight for lower prices than Home Depot.
- The Moving blanket – These are also called furniture padding and help wrap items, such as a large piece of furniture when moving them from one location to another. These items are way cheaper at Harbor Freight. And since quality isn’t so important, buying your moving blankets from Harbor Freight would be a wise decision.
- Needle scaler – Prices of needle scalers are way lower at Harbor Freight than at Home Depot. So, consider purchasing from the former.
Does Home Depot accept Harbor Freight coupons? The answer is yes. But due to the recent pandemic, things might have changed. Companies are altering their policies to enable them to run smoothly.
Notwithstanding, that shouldn’t stop you from trying your luck. Don’t just assume that Home Depot’s policy or decision to accept competitors’ coupons has changed. Make an effort to call the manager at the Home Depot you intend to visit, to find out.
- What Does Wal-Mart Use For Shipping? – Here Is What You Need To Know
- Maximizing Your Savings: Tips for Buying Vape Juices Online
- Five Helpful Tips on How to Run a Successful Gift Store
- Can I Return Something To Walmart Without A Receipt? Walmart’s Return Policy
- Is Grocery Stores Considered Retail? Read The Answer
- 27 Witty, Enlightening & Famous Voltaire Quotes
- Does the Liquor Store Deliver? What You Should Know
- Improving Your Lifestyle with the Best Medical Aids From Avacare
- 5 Inspiring Lessons From The Story Of Forever 21
- Things To Know While Buying Used Shoes In Wholesale