1. Never be afraid of going against the crowd.
If everyone is saying something is the right thing to do, then it probably isn’t.
2. Everyone else is just as afraid as you.
Everyone is afraid of losing.
3. Never confuse a moment’s happiness with happiness itself.
To put this into context, when I went through the experience you’re about to read/watch, I was 21, had a good job, a girlfriend I loved, etc. You’ll notice that most of the quotes are by people who are a bit younger than me, which is probably because I’m a bit more sensitive about my job at the moment (due to a lot of the points raised above).
50 Life Lessons From An 80 Year Old Man
I am learning so many amazing life lessons these days. I have lived a long life and am 80 years old and I still have so much to learn. I am excited about learning more and more about life. This is a great list of lessons to share with others.
1. Have a Firm Handshake
A firm handshake is necessary in life just for making an incredible impression on everyone you meet, and it only matters if you make a good impression.
2. Look People in the Eye
Having a confident, eye-to-eye gaze is one of the highest forms of respect and is the best way to connect with someone. By connecting with their eyes, you show them that you’re interested in what they’re saying and want to continue the conversation. It’s a great way to make them feel a strong connection with you.
3. Sing in the Shower
I wish to have a shower with my wife, but as I can’t relax at home, I have to use a hotel bathroom.
4. Own a Great Stereo System
Our customers are often in the middle of a hectic day at work or school. That’s why they need a stereo that can stand up to the rigors of their busy schedules. They also want to rest and relax with their favorite music at the end of the day. When you put all that together, a Bluetooth(r) speaker that can handle it is the best thing that can happen to your life. That’s why we’re proud to offer the SoundCore(r) Portable Bluetooth Speaker.
5. If in a Fight, Hit First & Hit Hard
While in real fights, you’ll rarely find yourself face-to-face with your opponent, you’ll more likely find yourself in a clinch or on the ground. If your opponent is in a clinch or on the ground, then that means your opportunity to hit him is limited. But don’t worry, if you know you’re about to be in a clinch or on the ground, you can always duck in for a quick hit, or if a clinch breaks, you can always roll or duck away.
6. Keep Secrets
Keeping secrets is always a good thing to do in the eyes of others, and never harms another’s feelings.
7. Never Give Up On Anybody. Miracles Happen Everyday
Even though relationships may seem hopeless sometimes, don’t give up. Talk to them. Love them back. If you make an effort, you can still get them back.
8. Always Accept an Outstretched Hand
Even if you don’t have the ability to do something, you should help others in anyway possible. If somebody offers to help you, you should kindly accept. People will help you if you are kind to them.
9. Be Brave. Even if You’re Not, Pretend to Be. No One Can Tell the Difference.
Â The biggest thing is don’t show weakness. Don’t ever feel like you can be taken down because your weak. You can’t be taken down unless you let someone take you down.
You should try to understand their reasons as best as you can.
11. Avoid Sarcastic Remarks
I’m not saying I am very often sarcastic.
I’m trying to say that I’m not always sarcastic, though.
12. Choose your life’s mate carefully. From this one decision will come 90 per cent of all your happiness or misery.
You can definitely judge a person who has many good friends by their happiness. You can also judge a person who has many bad friends by their happiness.
13. Make it a habit to do nice things for people who will never find out.
It’s really cool to help others. There are some small things you can do everyday that can have a big impact on someone. Do some nice things for people.
14. Lend only those books you never care to see again.
Books are a great source of knowledge and they can be a great source of knowledge, but if you are constantly chasing people for them, it’s a sign that something is wrong.
15. Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all that they have.
Do not tell someone they are impossible, or they cannot do something. Don’t have an impact on someone’s mind, no matter what it is they want to do.
16. When playing games with children, let them win.
Children should be allowed to win the games that adults play with them. Make it a close race though.
17. Give people a second chance, but not a third.
People also deserve forgiveness. They also need to change. But unless and until they do the second chance won’t be taken.
18. Be Romantic
When you love someone, then show them your heart. They will surely appreciate what you have done for them because there is someone who cares for them.
19. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
Having a positive outlook on life doesn’t just mean that you’re happier. It’s a reflection of your success, your happiness and your ability to share that.
20. Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life-and-death matters, nothing is as important as it first seems.
The only way you can really solve problems is by taking them one at a time. You have to start by trying not to worry about the situations that you worry about the most.
21. Don’t allow the phone to interrupt important moments. It’s there for our convenience, not the callers.
So, many people allow phone calls to keep them distracted from the activities and events in their live, but the unfortunate reality is that phone calls can take over your day and can cause you to lose focus for the important parts of life.
This doesn’t make sense. The ‘paraphrase’ should be
The phone call can wait.
This example would cause two problems:
The ‘paraphrase’ is not semantically correct.
The ‘paraphrase’ would change the meaning of the original sentence.
22. Be a good loser.
After losing, be humble. If the other guys win, don’t gloat. Be glad that you had the chance to play. Also, let them have their celebration. As for us, we can have ours now.
23. Be a good winner.
After winning the championship and getting a new contract with the company, I should congratulate the other members for their great efforts.
24. Think twice before burdening a friend with a secret.
The difference between secrets and lies is that one is a secret, one is a lie. No one can be harmed by a lie. Secrets can cause serious damage. It’s best to keep secrets that are too important to tell.
25. When someone hugs you, let them be the first to let go.
I had this thing with my best friend where I couldn’t look her in the eye for 5 minutes after we hugged. It was like she never left my side.
26. Be modest. A lot was accomplished before you were born.
While your contributions to the world have been significant and numerous, there are more important issues and people who need help and a hand held today. We need to look to others to lead us forward now.
27. Keep it simple
That means be as simple as possible, but not simpler.
28. Beware of the person who has nothing to lose
There are always people out there who have nothing to lose. Be wary but don’t be afraid. These are the people who are most dangerous.
29. Don’t burn bridges. You’ll be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river
But it’s not like I’m not doing anything with it and I don’t want to have to rebuild bridges down the road.
30. Live your life so that your epitaph could read, No Regrets
I do not regret the things I had done, but I do regret the things I did not do.
31. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on life, you’ll regret the things you didn’t do more than the ones you did
I’m going to have to go because my
family is coming to pick me up.
32. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them
When I was in middle school, I remember trying to get my friends to understand that they meant a lot to me. Every time one of them did something really nice for me, I’d take photos of it and try to share it with all of them.
I also have a habit of hugging people that touch me after a long time.
33. Remember no one makes it alone. Have a grateful heart and be quick to acknowledge those who helped you
We all need a little help at some point. Acknowledge the people that want to help you.
34. Take charge of your attitude. Don’t let someone else choose it for you
A person’s attitude in life is always the key to happiness. No one else has to control it for you.
35. Visit friends and relatives when they are in hospital; you need only stay a few minutes
Some of the most important memories on the planet are created during this brief time we spend with our family. And a family member should know that you remember them.
36. Begin each day with some of your favorite music
Studies show that the first 20 minutes before waking up is pretty powerful in shaping your mood. Put some of your favorite music on during that time.
37. Once in a while, take the scenic route
Be it through life-long friendships or love, we have the opportunity to capture and record some of the raw beauty that is life.
38. Send a lot of Valentine cards. Sign them, ‘Someone who thinks you’re terrific.’
Make yourself happy. You’re going to think of something you’d like other people to do for you.
39. Answer the Phone With Enthusiasm and Energy in Your Voice.
I guess he likes us, but I still don’t like him so much.
40. Keep a Note Pad and Pencil on Your Bed-Side Table. Million-Dollar Ideas Sometimes Strike at 3 a.m.
This is actually true. For a long time, Jay-Z had a notepad with him. He would take it out at parties and write down lyrics or whatever he was thinking.
41. Show Respect for Everyone Who Works for a Living, Regardless of How Trivial their Job
There’s no need to be disrespectful. People have worked for years to find a cure…
42. Send Your Loved one’s Flowers. Think of a Reason Later.
You can send flower to your loved ones, even when you don’t have a clear reason for doing so.
43. Make Someone’s Day by Paying the Toll for the Person in the Car Behind You.
You will find that if you have a positive effect on someone’s day with very minimal effort, you are likely to be rewarded in some way.
44. Become Someone’s Hero
But just like how to a person that might be a single grain of sand, to another person, he might be the entire world.
45. Marry Only for Love
I believe in marriage; the difference is, I believe in getting married because we love each other, not because we think we’ll be happy.
46. Count Your Blessings
I am grateful every day for all the blessings in my life. I’m grateful every day for the things in life that bring me joy. I’m grateful every day that I have a roof over my head, I’m grateful that I have a job and I’m grateful that I have a family.
47. Compliment the Meal When You’re a Guest in Someone’s Home
Be polite and give a compliment to any dish you share. This is something that feels good to the cook and will make them feel appreciated.
48. Wave at the Children on a School Bus.
Children love to smile and they love to wave. So when you’re waving back at a child, it should be a big happy experience for both of you. There is no effort involved, so make sure to have fun.
49. Remember that 80 Percent of the Success in any Job is Based on Your Ability to Deal with People
The original has a sentence fragment that does not add anything, and a comma splice.
I’m no fan of the comma splice. But the sentence fragment is an even bigger problem.
If you are going to use a sentence fragment, you need to make sure what it says is so important that it can’t be separated from the rest of the sentence.
50. Don’t Expect Life to Be Fair
People spend a lot of time focused on the things they can’t change. But you can’t control the winds of fate either. You can spend all your time worrying about it, or you can use that time and energy to do something that you can control. You can control your attitude. And if you can master your attitude, then you can master the wind.
Awesome! Thank you for sharing, and please know I’m so glad you were able to connect with this list and gain even more wisdom from it.
If you know anything about me, then you know I am a fan of the movie ‘Back to the Future’. I have made this shirt in hopes that future generations will live in a time when they can travel through time. Hopefully you enjoy it.
- 5 Life Lessons From The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty
- 20 Life Lessons Learned In 20 Years Of Life
- 5 Movies That Have Taught Me Valuable Life Lessons
- 7 Counter-intuitive Life Lessons That You Need To Know
- 11 Life Lessons Learned To Motivate & Inspire You
- 4 Indisputable Steps To Stop Living An Average Life
- 5 Powerful Bodybuilding Tips From Old School Legends
- 30 Insanely Successful Individuals Who Were Still Poor At Old Age
- 5 Mild Exercises for Better Physical Health in Your Old Age
- 100 All-time Favorite Senior Year Quotes