Clothes can be both a necessity and a luxury. Because of their handmade designs, expensive fabrics, and celebrity connections, the most expensive clothing brands are not mass-produced.
The Most Expensive Fashion Brands
At the moment, the fashion industry is facing difficult times. In recent years, there have been many closures of international stores and an increase in online sales.
Haute couture is still in demand despite these trends. These luxury goods need to stand out from the rest by offering unique designs, technical innovations and customer loyalty programs. These are the most expensive clothing brands worldwide
15. Tom Ford
Tom Ford launched his own fashion and beauty brand after reviving Gucci’s Italian fashion house. The brand is a success story in America, known for its fashion accessories, beauty products, and custom-made suits.
The Most Expensive Tom Ford Products
- Customized Tom Ford diamond loafers by Jason Arasheben, worn by Nick Cannon: 2 million
- Tom Ford Tuxedos: Starting at $5,540
- Soleil Brulant Eau de Parfum 250 ml: $895
Your Video will start shortly: 0:54 Skip to the end
Walmart Spark more smiles
Enjoy the #SmoresLife Get your order now
Margot Robbie in Tom Ford at The Academy Awards Oscars
14. Salvatore Ferragamo
Salvatore Ferragamo, an Italian shoemaker, opened a shop in Hollywood in 1923. He quickly gained a large customer base. His shoes were worn by Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe as well as Greta Garbo, Judy Garland, and Greta Garbo.
The luxury Italian brand now makes accessories, clothing, and fragrances for both men and women. Marco Gobbetti, the new CEO of Burberry, has reenergized the brand and will undoubtedly make a significant impact.
Most Expensive Salvatore Ferragamo Items
- Marilyn Monroe owned these scarlet satin stiletto heels shoes with rhinestones. They were auctioned in 1999 by Christie’s for $48,300
- Salvatore Ferragamo customized Tramezza mens shoes: upto $13,500
13. Oscar de la Renta
Oscar de la Renta, a Dominican Republic fashion designer, was well-known among Hollywood stars such as Anne Hathaway. He was born in 1932 and dressed Jacqueline Kennedy at many of her important events.
Oscar’s bold use of pattern and elegant silhouettes were adored by stars.
Most Expensive Oscar de la Renta Items
- Oscar de la Renta off the-shoulder wedding gown worn by Amal Clooney. It is adorned with hand-embroidered pearls, French lace and French lace.
Oscar de la Renta dress – The Heart Truth, Public domain Wikimedia Commons
12. Marc Jacobs
American fashion designer with the same name founded his label in 1984. The headquarters of the luxury casual brand are located in New York. They also have a successful online store.
One Seated Stretch (Watch), Reduces Sciatica & Low Back Pain
One Seated Stretch (Watch), Reduces Sciatica & Low Back Pain
Marc Jacobs was the most nominated director to receive awards in the history of Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA). He is well-known for his Daisy fragrance and relaxed styling.
Marc Jacobs Most Expensive Items
- Carolyn Crocodile Handbag: $38,000
- Hand-embroidered Puffy Clouds embroidery dress – in Switzerland, $28,000
Marc Jacobs shows a model walking the runway
The British brand is known for its tartan check pattern and stylish trench coats. Thomas Burberry founded the label in 1856. The label is a Royal Warrant of Prince Charles as an Outfitter, and a Royal Warrant from Queen Elizabeth as a Weatherproofer.
Although they are British-born, the company has a strong presence all over the world. They are especially popular in Asia.
The Most Expensive Items from Burberry
- Audrey Hepburn’s three-quarter-length double-breasted trench coat, which was sold by Christie’s London for $94,906 in 2017.
- Limited edition Burberry women’s trench coat in peacock feathers. Anna Wintour, American Vogue, wore it.
Burberry bags – The most expensive clothing brand in the world
10. Dolce & Gabbana
This Italian brand was founded in 1985 by Domenico Dolce, and Stefano Gabbana. They have expanded their product range to include jewelry, perfumes and footwear as well as watches, sunglasses, and handbags.
You may find online information about the most expensive sunglasses in the world, which were allegedly made by Dolce & Gabbana at $383,609. This is a typo. The actual cost of the discontinued DG2027B model was actually $383. Don’t believe anything you read online!
Most Expensive Dolce & Gabbana Items
- Red dress with beads and a limited edition of 12 in limited edition. This was the most expensive item sold on Net-aPorter at the time: $32,000
- Double-breasted shearling coat for men: $13,000
Guccio Gucci founded this well-known Italian brand in 1920. In Florence, the first store was opened in 1921.
Kering now owns Gucci. Creative Director Alessandro Michele reimagined Gucci for modern times. The brand also offers Gucci handbags, shoes, and clothing.
Most Expensive Gucci Items
- Gucci Stuart Hughes Belt: $250,000
- Christie’s 2011 auction: Rock crystal and 18K Gold ear pendants
- Beyonce wore a Gucci gold sequin gown: $12,900
- Gucci Men’s IDigital Grammy Special Edition Watch, worn By Kanye West: $7,000.
8. Ralph Lauren
The fashion label was founded in 1967 by Ralph Lauren, an American designer. It has many luxury lines. The Ralph Lauren Purple Label men’s collection is the most expensive, while the Collection women’s line is their most exclusive.
Polo Ralph Lauren’s famous line includes fashionable, Ivy League-style outfits as well as popular fragrances.
Most Expensive Ralph Lauren Items
- Purple Label Crocodile Duffel Bag: $25,000
- Purple Label Gregory Handmade Tailcoat Tuxedo – $9,995
- Ralph Lauren runway show – Christopher Macsurak. CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons
7. Giorgio Armani
Giorgio Armani founded the Italian fashion house in 1975. It has expanded to include Emporio Armani and Armani Collezioni as well as Armani Jeans, Armani Exchange, Armani Prive, Armani Jeans and Armani Jeans.
While many Armani lines are targeted at middle market customers, Armani Prive labels remain firmly in the luxury segment.
Most Expensive Giorgio Armani Items
- Cate Blanchett wore an Armani Prive dress decorated with Swarovski crystals at the 2007 Oscars. It was made by Armani Prive.
- Armani Prive diamond necklace, auctioned at Christie’s 2013: $15,000
Penelope Cruz and Giorgio Armani with Monica Cruz at the Giorgio Armani Prive Show
6. Yves Saint Laurent
The French fashion house is well-known for its beauty products, as well as its stylish tuxedo suits. Pierre Berge, Yves Saint Laurent’s partner, created the iconic brand in 1961.
Yves Saint Laurent popularized the safari look, camouflage, and trapeze dresses.
Most Expensive Yves Saint Laurent Products
- Yves Saint Laurent Sunflower Jacket – Limited Edition of 4 – Hand embroidered in tribute to Van Gogh, $382,000.
- Yves Saint Laurent Opium perfume – $175 an ounce
Mario Prada founded the Italian fashion house in Milan in 1913. The brand, now run by Miuccia, his youngest granddaughter, is well-known for its quirky aesthetic.
This forward-thinking company, which is featured in The Devil Wears Prada, is well-known for its leather handbags.
Most Expensive Prada Items
- Brandy Top Handle V2 Ostrich Leather Handbag – $10,000.
- Prada Papaya Hobo Bag: $8,600
Gabrielle Coco Chanel created the French brand Chanel in 1909. It is known for its elegant perfumes, boucle wool suits and quilted leather handbags. Her designs are timeless and still in fashion today.
A Chanel little black dress is a classic in many women’s wardrobes. The Diamond Forever classic handbag is perhaps Chanel’s most expensive item. It costs well over PS200,000.
Most Expensive Chanel Items
- Limited Edition Chanel Diamond bag with 334 diamonds, and an 18 karat Gold carrying chain. Estimated value $261,000
- Two rare Fulco di Verdura and Coco Chanel gem-set and golden brooches were sold by Christie’s New York in 2004 for $192,300
- Chanel fishing kit $18,000
- Chanel suits and handbags are the most expensive clothing brands worldwide
Versace, one of the most valuable brands in the world was founded in 1978. This Italian designer brand was founded by Gianni Versace. It created clothes from innovative fabrics like metal mesh.
Elizabeth Taylor, Jennifer Lopez, and Princess Diana wore Gianni Versace. Gianni Versace’s sister Donatella became the brand’s Creative Director after the tragic death of its founder.
Most Expensive Versace Items
- Elizabeth Taylor owned “The Face” Versace evening jacket, beaded with rhinestone portraits. It was sold by Christie’s in 2011, for $128,500
- Greca One-Shoulder Minidress: $4,495
Fashion Week Milan: Models take to the runway during the Versace Show
You like this? The Most Expensive Metals in the World
Walmart Walmart Live x Samsung
You can get a backstage pass and see the latest technology. Ciara hosts. Tues. June 21, 8pm EST See more
2. Christian Dior
Christian Dior, one of the most recognizable French luxury brands has been around since 1946. Jacqueline Kennedy often wears the label, as well as Natalie Portman and Charlize Theron.
Dior Homme is for men, and Baby Dior is for children. Dior Beauty, the brand’s cosmetics range, is also very popular.
Most Expensive Christian Dior Items
- Christian Dior Haute Couture chartreuse gown in chartreuse worn by Nicole Kidman at the 1997 Oscars. Design by John Galliano: 2 million
- Elizabeth Taylor’s 1968 Silver-encrusted Brocade Evening Dress with Matching Bag, was sold by Christie’s in 2011.
- Charlize Theron wore a white peplum dress at the 2013 Oscars ceremony.
1. Louis Vuitton
Louis Vuitton established this French brand in 1854. They were initially known for luxury luggage trunks. Bernard Arnault, who is the richest man in the world, now owns the company.
Louis Vuitton has expanded to clothing, accessories, and jewelry. This is why it’s so popular with celebrities like Angelina Jolie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and others. Nicolas Ghesquiere, the Creative Director, has been able to revive the brand without sacrificing elegance.
The Most Expensive Louis Vuitton Items
- Steiff Louis Vuitton Teddy Bear – $2.1 Million
- Louis Vuitton Urban Satchel, decorated with recycled water bottles & chewing gum packets: $150,000
- The Kusama Pumpkin Minaudiere Jewel Bag is a collaboration between Yayoi Kusama, a Japanese artist, and Louis Vuitton. $133.430
- Louis Vuitton Pur Ood 100ml – A limited edition perfume in 2000 bottles that contains natural oud essence. $1470