When an entrepreneur starts to spend their mental energy on one project, they might have trouble with another. Therefore, it is important to divide your mental energy between tasks in order to keep it at a steady level.
While mental energy is constantly flowing through us, we can use that mental energy in several different ways. For example, we can use it to think, or we can use it to feel. However, the easiest and most direct way to use our mental energy is to think.
It’s important to listen to your body when you are feeling exhausted and it’s time for bed. You may be exhausted because your body needs time to rest. Take a little time to get your sleep for a few hours and get up and feeling better.
It helps our mind to recover from stress, tiredness, poor eating, alcohol, and drugs.
7 Steps to Optimizing Your Mental Energy: Know yourself.
: Create a vision for your career.
: Get on the road.
: Connect with your network.
: Get comfortable doing the hard things.
: Get comfortable doing the boring things.
: Be flexible.
1. Train Your Brain to Practice Single-Tasking
You can get a better perspective on the time spent on tasks by considering how much energy is required to do them. If you focus on a task for five minutes and you have five minutes to do another one, you have just wasted more than half an hour. If you decide to do five things at once, you will waste about twenty-five percent of the time you could have spent on each one.
By switching from one task to another, you’re burning a lot of glucose in your brain, and this can cause you to feel mentally drained.
2. Put Into Practice the ’80/20 Rule’
If you are only looking at the top 20% of your jobs, you won’t be looking at the 80% of your customers.
So you can use this to help optimize the use of your mental energy. So when you’re dealing with a difficult emotion like anger, or a difficult task like trying to exercise, you can use this to help you manage your stress and stay focused on the task at hand.
Working really hard really fast is a good idea, but you can do much better if you focus on quality and not quantity.
2. If you have a lot on your schedule, but little time, try making a list of the top 15 things you need to accomplish.
3. ‘Eat That Frog’ in the Morning
The best thing you should do at the beginning of each day is to eat a live frog. It is the ultimate symbol of doing the most difficult thing first. When you do something difficult, you will have a lot of pain, but if you do it by doing the easy thing first, you will not have any pain at all.
And your frog should be your most important task.
But how can you identify and do that one thing every morning? Brian Tracy explains that you could start by creating a short list of things you will do to make your life better. One of the best ways to create a short list is by asking yourself what I want to accomplish first thing in the morning, and then writing that down. Write it down at the top of a piece of paper, on Facebook, or anywhere that you see it every morning.
4. Build Habits & Routines
“This” is not “The” (The is a gender-neutral pronoun and the possessive pronoun is not gender-specific), however the pronoun “This” can be gender-specific. It is equivalent to saying this is the subject to which the following sentence is attached, and therefore in the sentence above the gender-specific pronoun “This” refers to the “book” object.
An argument can only be made for or against an idea (or a proposition) by referring to its logical status. If we accept this then there can be only a single correct answer.
When you were in school, when you watched TV, when you took a drive, when you took a shower, when you exercised, when you ate… Everything is being controlled by your mind.
It is often a good idea to pay attention to what works better for you and build daily routines that, once you interiorize them, will save you a considerable amount of mental energy.
5. Avoid Making Use of Your Willpower
– When you have a routine for yourself, you will be doing this routine every single day and will be thinking in a particular sequence over and over again. This will make you more likely to notice cues that remind you to follow your routine. This will also allow you to focus solely on your goal, as you will not be distracted by other important things.
– However, keep in mind that you can change your routine, in case a new opportunity arises. The goal is to keep your routine consistent, but change your routine whenever needed.
6. Set Up the Right Working Environment
In your workplace, pay attention to the environmental factors in your environment. These can be a lot more influential than you think. For example, natural light is an essential in your workplace and can really impact your mood.
Another example is how music affects our minds. Some people are music lovers while others are not. For some people, it will be a lot more helpful than others.
7. Unsubscribe from Email Lists
You probably have received dozens, actually, of newsletters throughout your career. However, how often have you read them? Go through your last emails and unsubscribe from those newsletters that you haven’t opened for a long time.
A good way to unsubscribe from newsletters is to use an application called Unroll.me. If you are subscribed to a lot of newsletters, you can use the Unroll.me application to unsubscribe faster. Saving more mental energy for what matters.
If you work for yourself, it’s essential to take control of your time. Using the time wisely which you have, will enable you to be more efficient and will lead to more free time. By completing the tasks which you have, you’ll achieve a more satisfying work-life balance.
Identify your pain point.
Plan your day.
Plan your day around your pain point.
- 6 Essential Habits To Dominate Your Morning
- 100 Sweet Good Morning Text Messages For Him
- 6 Great Ways To Stick To Your Daily Routine
- 5 Activities Every Entrepreneur Should Invest In
- How Successful People Spend The First Hour Of The Day
- 5 Things You Need To Stop Doing To Reach Your Goals
- How To Approach Tasks You Really Hate Doing & Win
- Here’s Why You Can’t Sleep Through the Night and What You Can Do About It
- The 15 Success Habits All High Achievers Have
- The Power Of Habit: 4 Steps To Creating Good Habits